Workcover Exemption Certificate

If your business is based in Victoria Australia,  you must take out WorkCover insurance if

  • you expect to pay more than $7,500 a financial year in rateable remuneration, or
  • you have any apprentices or trainees.

This applies even if you're a small company with only one worker. Worksafe VIC

If you don't meet these criteria, it's a little know fact, but you can apply for an exemption certificate.

Simply email as follows

Dear Worksafe

Please may I apply for a WorkCover insurance certificate of exemption for this financial year.


[your business signature]


They should then send you an email with only a few questions for you to confirm.

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request


Please sign in to leave a comment.
Powered by Zendesk